VIDEO: N64 Emulator Running on the iPad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]You never had to click the link dude.[/citation]
Say nothing and it makes it seem like all the iPad articles don't bother anyone. There have been WAY too many of them recently, taking up the space of other more interesting articles.

G

It won't be so popular, the controls are too hard (unintuitive)

William, theamazingipad.com

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Intel_Hydralisk[/nom]Touchscreen = awful controls.No usb ports = no plug and play controllerAlso, N64 emulators have been run on netbooks etc. with much better results... how come Tom's doesn't report on that? Oh wait, it's the iPad... therefore if it manages to do something worse than its competition it's amazing.[/citation]

+1, but in fairness, this isn't an article promoting the ipad, which I'm sick of, its an article about hackers sticking it to the man (a particularly stupid, evil man in this case)! which I like!

also, technically, it looks like an n64 emulator running inside the iphone emulator on the ipad. and ipad specific app would be better, more res, more buttons! but still no match for real buttons.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]The iPad is fantastic. So fantastic I need to emulate Linux, Windows 95 and a retro gaming console to experience anything with it my good old iPod can't offer.However, the cult of Jobs ensures me this is a revolution. Even more revolutionary than its last revolution. After all, the Church of Jobs is your last hope of salvation.But just how many converts would they have if websites like this one stopped posting every god damn rumour about anything Jobs and his cultists do?[/citation]
You Apple haters are pathetic. I bet most of you are pimply faced kids posting from your bedroom on a computer you got for Christmas. You probably never used a Mac and wouldn't know what OS X looks like if it hit you in the face.
Apple has a grown in the market and make nice stuff. There products are very useful to every day life. For example most people, 99.9% don't want their iPad to run a N64 emulator or to play Crysis. What they do want it to do is the ability to jump on the net for a recipe, do some on-line shopping or banking, read a book or check their e-mail or to even read pimply faced kids rants on Tom's Hardware.
No one is forcing you Apple haters to buy a Mac and use OS X.

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
What's the point of filming from side... Yhis man is probably the worst cameraman ever... And shit, you didn't heard all the skipping in the emulator noise, this is shitty as hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.