VIDEO: RIM Shows Off BlackBerry 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfoo2324

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
I would love to see people on the subway in New York using their Blackberries like this. Wonder how long it would last before they got beat back into normalcy. There also isn't a lot of room to dance on a subway either.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
If partnered with likable phones this looks very smooth and fun to use. I've heard the Storm has largely been a failure, correct me if I'm wrong. But this interface looks cool and intuitive to use.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
My wife had a Storm. Tossed it for the Droid, it absolutely sucked. The quality just wasn't there. It literally exploded from a 240 gr. JHP. :)

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
What an embarrassing advertisement. I'm not surprised the "dancers" never revealed their faces. The shame!

The lyric "I'm so 2008" in the song is telling.

Oh dear, Apple patent lawyers are going to be a dancin' all over RIM

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
As an adult, let me officially say this is a horrible commercial/marketing video. This most certainly doesn't appeal to the adult business person in me at all. The hip-hop rap style music with the dancing "business woman" is too ghetto "tween" for my taste.

Although her gestures would insinuate the system is designed for touch screen phones so you can make finger gestures like you would on an iPhone.

wolflive

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I agree with with
. This commercial really annoying to me. It would have worked better without all the dance/showing off the new features. I just wanted to see what was on the phone, everything else was a bit distracting. Anyways from what I did see it looks pretty cool, maybe the next time RIM tries to show it off I can see more of the new features.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
Rim will make boatloads of money regardless because they are always geared toward corporate customers. While it is nice to have some kind of cool music interface, facebook, and twitter plugins, are useless to them and they will probably block them so the users won't use it. I know I will.

The problem with Rim is that they are still sort of a semi-closed system where people don't want to create apps for it.

LukeyB

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Looks like a lot was taken from the iPhone's OS[/citation]
Apple pays RIM royalties for using numerous technologies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Wow. "MeToo" in a business suit. Most exciting was the first dancer, but other than that it's a catch up. Much needed for BlackBerry, but not sure how exactly they could have been different as iPhone and Android are pushing a similar user experience and being too different from that could easily backfire.

G

And here I thought they were gonna show the actual device - FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.