Virgin Reveals World's First Commercial Spaceship

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Athreex[/nom]Don't worry, There will be LogicBuy's coupons in THG news for this space trip. Just enter the news, click Get Deal.[/citation]
No, they will have you guess how many candy corn you can put in it.

G

well, jet engines will propel the craft to high-altitude, which dispenses with a WHOLE LOT of initial-liftoff gravitational drain. On the other hand, they could use blimps and THEN jets and then srp.
the whole thing sucks, imo, it's just disneyland times 10. we should have been to alpha centauri, (at least with robot probes!) by now. ram plasma fusion (near light-speed) has been an idea for decades and we have tech to do it, but no, politics and bullshit always prevail on "earth".

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Great, more pointless technology that does not for the betterment of humanity.

Congratulations, you just invented a very expensive toy for rich people. Don't let your azzhole burn on reentry.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]counselmancl[/nom]Colonel Sandurz: Prepare ship for light speed.Dark Helmet: No, no, no, light speed is too slow.Colonel Sandurz: Light speed, too slow?Dark Helmet: Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.[/citation]
Dark Helmet: What's the matter Cernal Sanders? CHICKEN!?

I love that line and I didn't get it for the longest time.

G

$200.000 for 30minutes of pleasure!
Yay!
I can spend my money on better things than that!

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Great, more pointless technology that does not for the betterment of humanity. Congratulations, you just invented a very expensive toy for rich people. Don't let your azzhole burn on reentry.[/citation]

You have no sense of perspective at all.
The first cars and computers were also extremely expensive with no real benefit at the time.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
What's wrong with toys for rich people? What do you expect us to do, hang out with you at the mall? Je ne think-so pas.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Kudos to pioneers like Burt Rutan and Richard Branson & Co. The only way Humanity is ever going to space is by private endeavors like these.

In other words, this goes to show (again) that "when there's a will, there's a way". May they succeed where governments fail. As for
Toys for rich people
- they gotta pay their bills somehow. Getting into space is no cheap enterprise. Rest assured that the millionaires who book an early flight @ 200K are actually helping mankind off this planet and into space. I am not that cheap nor that envious as to criticize.

Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.