Status
Not open for further replies.

cookjei

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I'm pretty sure I have a worm/virus on my system because I keep getting that "RPC" message and then Windows (XP) initiates a countdown and tells me to save any unsaved data. I thought it might be that WormBlaster virus, so I downloaded the removal tool from Symantec's website and ran it and it found nothing. My question is, whats the best way for me to find out what virus I have and the best method of removal. I have Norton System Works 2004 and have tried to download the Live Updates via dial-up from the company's website, but after about 5 minutes or so, I get that RPC message again and Windows shuts down. And since I'm working with a dial-up connection, it takes an eternity. Any suggestions????? Thanks.

<font color=red>Urban Geek </font color=red>

jihiggs

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2001
you dont have to be infected for that to happen (insert broken record here) GET A [-peep-] FIREWALL. you need to install the patch from microsoft so other computers on the internet cant initiate a shutdown on your computer.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring valve security module!

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Download all the critical updates... I can't remember what specific update fixes the problem. It's always a good idea to grab all the criticals anyway.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.