VISA, MasterCard Reporting a "Massive" Breach

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jusi0412

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
g.gif
nice!

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
the fact is the dumb ass credit card have NO pin number nor password protected.

If I can get hold of ur name, address, Date of birth, credit card number, and the 3 digit number from back of the card. I am good to for to buying stuff I want online. Because when u drop ur credit card, u might not know u drop it. Just by picking up ur credit card, I could get hold of everything except ur address & date of birth which is easy to get by calling u and claim I was from a bank customer support. LOL.

G

Download Pageonce app it will let you know about suspicious activity in your trasnactions

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Well that explains why some one last week charges $500 of crap to my VISA... Wish they would have told cardholders about the problem ASAP, instead of keeping quiet. This is the first time I heard anything about the breach... NO emails, NO snail mail, NOTHING?!? My bank didn't even tell me anything when speaking with the security team. Now I have another reason to dislike and not trust banks and CC companies. As if I didn't have a abundance of reasons already.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i wonder how much of this has to do with the company that mails out these applications and the cards once they are issued. they were broke into before the new year and critical machinery was hit and the security room was accessed, not broken into and all the security and machines were destroyed and the video footage was missing for the whole week end.
this facility wasn't far the Philly Pa.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
looks like it's time to get rid of the plastic again....i hate having paper money, but it looks like i might not have a choice :(

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]I live in U.S , California and I don't use credit cards too. I don't like being raped by 35% interest on everything I purchase. If I can't afford it I don't buy it and If don't have the money I save money.[/citation]
I guess you never heard of an interest free period, mine has 56 days, I just make sure I clear my balance each month and it becomes very convenient
The only time it sucks is when the card holder has no self control or organisational skills, so which one are you?

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
If you don't have a credit card and only pay things in cash or with a debit card, good luck buying a new car or a home...unless you can buy those with cash too which is unlikely for the vast majority of Americans.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]rex86[/nom]where do you live? Somewhere in Siberia where no one lives?[/citation]
Debit cards & cash..... Why would you buy something in "credit" if you don't have the money & could buy it with REAL money to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.