Solved! Vive not detecting headset error messages

kajacoma

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
Vive all plugged in and situated, following the HTC VIVE Installation Guide on the Steam support pages. I ran SteamVR and was greeted by error 108 (Headset not found). Did some basic troubleshooting by relaunching SteamVR, restarting the comp, changing USB ports, trying USB 3.0 ports, rebooting the headset, and still it won't detect it. Interestingly there is a USB 2.0 port on the back of the case that changes the error code to 125 (headset not detected). I did change ports a few more times, hoping it only needed to install more drivers, but that hasn't worked so far. Any ideas?

Solution
Top of my head...
Is there power to the headset?
- Check the light on the side of the headset.

After that, then...
- Is the USB cable physically connected?
(is windows detecting a USB device, regardless if it knows what it is.)

If it is detecting something, then it is a driver issue. If it isn't seeing anything, then that points to physical. It could be a faulty link box? Check to make sure the little blue plastic is in there. You could also try switching USB cables.. yadda yadda yadda..

Hard to troubleshoot something like that via forums.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Top of my head...
Is there power to the headset?
- Check the light on the side of the headset.

After that, then...
- Is the USB cable physically connected?
(is windows detecting a USB device, regardless if it knows what it is.)

If it is detecting something, then it is a driver issue. If it isn't seeing anything, then that points to physical. It could be a faulty link box? Check to make sure the little blue plastic is in there. You could also try switching USB cables.. yadda yadda yadda..

Hard to troubleshoot something like that via forums.

Solution