Solved! Vizio Internet Network Speed Problem

Jun 28, 2019
I’m experiencing a similar Internet connectivity problem with my M70-C1 from Vizio. The TV is connected to the Internet via a wired connection. The speed coming out of the junction box on the wall measures 50Mbps; however, when running a speed test using the TV, speeds of only 9-13Mbps can be achieved.
Similarly, I am experiencing “Buffering” and “Slow Speed” messages when I try to launch “Netflix” or my “Firestick”. I had my Internet provider technician visit my home and run numerous speed tests, which resulted in the Internet service running perfectly. As an added step, the same technician and I spoke with Vizio, which was a waste, for they informed us as long as the TV was achieving a speed above 1Mbps, the TV was working fine.

The technician and the information that appears on your forum seem to suggest that the problem lies with the quality of the TV’s manufacturer’s “Network Card”.

I possess two questions?

1. If I am receiving a speed of 50Mbps, would not a better network card achieve an exact speed or a speed close to 50Mbps?

2. Does Vizio possess a better quality network card, if not can it be purchased via a third party vendor?

Solution
update the firmware of the TV

Try a better/different ethernet cable. Be sure it´s connected properly inside the ports. Try a different port of the router.
Does the same cable get a better connection to a different device like a PC or laptop?

Which router are you using?
Is the firmware of it up to date?

Have a look at which speed the TV connects to the router in the router menu.

unplug power of the TV and router
press the TV´s power button (on the TV, not remote) for about 30seconds, replug router and TV again

to 1 and 2: ) no better cards are available, because it´s not a card. The motherboard itself provides the networking. The network chip is directly soldered onto it.
e.g...
update the firmware of the TV

Try a better/different ethernet cable. Be sure it´s connected properly inside the ports. Try a different port of the router.
Does the same cable get a better connection to a different device like a PC or laptop?

Which router are you using?
Is the firmware of it up to date?

Have a look at which speed the TV connects to the router in the router menu.

unplug power of the TV and router
press the TV´s power button (on the TV, not remote) for about 30seconds, replug router and TV again

to 1 and 2: ) no better cards are available, because it´s not a card. The motherboard itself provides the networking. The network chip is directly soldered onto it.
e.g. http://assets.suredone.com/1734/med...-motherboard-unit.jpg?refresh0229?refresh0315
the chip or port could be defective
you would have to RMA it under warranty

another solution for it would be a dedicated smart device like a firestick, chromestick or a media box which would be connected to the TV via HDMI and the network cable into these devices.

Last edited:
Solution