Question Vizio Surround Sound speakers not working SB3581

Sep 11, 2019
My friend gave me his Vizio surround Sound setup to place in my room and for some reason. the surround sound speakers on the podium aren't working. They're plugged into the subwoofer that has Left and right channels for the surround sound and all I hear coming through them is static while the music is playing. I mostly use the speakers for bluetooth so I don't know if that's affecting it in anyway shape or form. The Model number is: SB3851-CO.

When you set up and balanced the rear speakers you got sound out of them?
You are sending a stereo to the soundbar and will have to select a surround mode for a stereo music input. Try each surround mode which you can change on the remote. The result will depend on both the content and the surround mode. There may not be any or much rear output.
It will not be the same as when you use video which may be encoded for digital surround sound which is almost never the case with music (and never with bluetooth).

Does never got sound mean that you ran the setup and got nothing?
If you didn't do the set up download the owners manual and do that. How to change the surround mode will be in the manual too.
If you can't get any sound during set up then changing the surround mode won't help. Could be in the surround speakers or in the transmitter of the soundbar.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Audio 1
SinSurfer Audio 2
W Audio 0
I Audio 1
K Audio 1
G Audio 1
B Audio 1
H Audio 2
A Audio 2
T Audio 1