Review Vizio V-Series 50-inch 4K HDR Smart TV (V505-G9) Review: A Great TV

catilley1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
How does one get the full HDR spec to work with this TV? The 4K Roku Streaming Stick+ shows while it has HDCP 2.2, will run 4K at only 30Hz (or fps). Cannot force it to run at 60Hz, had to do just that to run at 30Hz, even though HDCP 2.2, HDR10, HRG & all HDMI 2.0 ports are features of the TV.

The official specs of this TV are 60Hz, so the Roku 4K should operate at the same. This is why I chose this TV, had previous positive experience with a VIZIO 1080p (32" E Series), so figured I'd not go wrong with this one. For whatever reason, when trying to configure the ports, full HD color is greyed out. Can only select CEC.

The only port I didn't try was the HDMI ARC one & that's because am adding an HDMI soundbar, so will be occupied. If I knew for a fact that the Roku 4K would work on that port, could take a step in reverse & plug into the optical port of the soundbar, it's HDCP 2.2 also, figure it doesn't matter which it's plugged into (other than HDMI is said to provide the 'best' sound on a scale of good, better or best).

Anyone else has this issue with VIZIO V series TV's?

Cat