Vizio vs TCL

L_D_G

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
My local Walmart has a Vizio E60-E3 2017 television. 60 inch...for $698.

They also have a TCL S Series 4k 2017 S405. 65 inch...also $698.

I like the smart capabilities of the TCL in addition to the built in Roku. An extra 5 inches for the same price seems to seal it on the surface. The picture quality for the TCL sounds like it is slightly subpar...but maybe not noticeable in the end?

Solution
Both TVs have identical specs and are both entry level 4k TV models. The Vizio will give you slightly brighter colors. The Roku system in the TCL is cool but it's wouldn't perform as well as the Roku premier box which has a faster processor and will give you the private listening feature

flitz35

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
Both TVs have identical specs and are both entry level 4k TV models. The Vizio will give you slightly brighter colors. The Roku system in the TCL is cool but it's wouldn't perform as well as the Roku premier box which has a faster processor and will give you the private listening feature

Solution
Feb 15, 2018
Get the tcl I had a Vizio d series . The TCL in my opinion has a better picture it has HDR it also has a Roku built-in. But the Vizio does have 5HDM I cor The TCL in my opinion has a better picture it has HDR it also has Roku built-in. But Vizio does have 5 hdmi ports . It’s only my opinion but having both Vizio and TCL . Are used to think Vizio all the way as I have had two of them in the past but this particular model seems to be a drop off in quality that’s why I say TCL