Voice Chat Coming To Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
This should be a nice addition to Facebook, and LONG overdue for World of Warcraft (players have long since depended upon Ventrillo for communications as the in-game voice for WoW totally sucks).

G

I love Ventrillo. I've never used it myself, but youtube: Ventrillo Harassments and you'll see what I mean. "Peggy Forever!!!" XD

charlesxuma

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
i guess the 2 Australian girls wouldv been able to talk to their friends about how they were trapped in the sewers ... Thank god for that ! ...

well the next generation of idiots can...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Some of the friends are on different sides of the world, but not all, and people don't seem to take the time to move a** and meet them in person. Well, they should.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Stupid. If you are going to do voice chat, you might as well do video chat. Nothing new. Facebook is simply a stripped down version of AOL from 1995.

G

I think facebook's messaging service sucks pretty much...
It regularly does not send messages, making you to have to type them again...
If their speech and video service is the same, then I don't think I'll need it!

Rust In Peace

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Urgh for the love of God! Facebook keep adding in all these additional features which are already available elsewhere. Just look at their "IM" client; doesn't even come close to MSN and the likes. It's not even as usable as gmail chat! Why on earth would you want to do voice chat through Facebook when Skype is around? Skype is a well defined framework that can also connect to regular telephones!

They haven't even got their Facebook "Applications" sorted. I have yet to see any that bring any interesting functionality. It's mostly spam quizzes and poor versions of games. I had hoped for Firefox add-on quality applications.

I can appreciate they are attempting to become a one-stop-shop for social networking but they need their services to either:
1) Be better than existing services so that users switch to using Facebook's service instead.
2) Integrate their services with other services (i.e. their chat client will connect to other IM services)
3) Piggyback on existing services!

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Rust In Peace[/nom]Urgh for the love of God! Facebook keep adding in all these additional features which are already available elsewhere. Just look at their "IM" client; doesn't even come close to MSN and the likes. It's not even as usable as gmail chat! Why on earth would you want to do voice chat through Facebook when Skype is around? Skype is a well defined framework that can also connect to regular telephones!They haven't even got their Facebook "Applications" sorted. I have yet to see any that bring any interesting functionality. It's mostly spam quizzes and poor versions of games. I had hoped for Firefox add-on quality applications.I can appreciate they are attempting to become a one-stop-shop for social networking but they need their services to either:1) Be better than existing services so that users switch to using Facebook's service instead.2) Integrate their services with other services (i.e. their chat client will connect to other IM services)3) Piggyback on existing services![/citation]
Because most jerkoffs don't play around on skype.

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
If this can be used on smartphones with data plans, this would be nice as skype doesn't seem to be improving its services.

I am a avid fan of google voice and the integration into the android platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.