Voicemeeter causing any video player to freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2018
I recently re-downloaded voicemeeter because I want to record games as well as teamspeak and I want teamspeak and the game to be in different audio channels for an easier time during editing. So, as the title suggest, whenever I have voicemeeter open any video I try to watch whether it be a video on youtube, a livestream on twitch or a video on my PC (although on that last one, I get the error "Another app is controlling your sound at the moment. (0xc00d4e85)")

I had this last time I installed voicemeeter and ultimately just uninstalled it because I couldn't figure out a fix. So any help would be greatly appreciated so that I don't need to uninstall it again as it is rather useful.

Solution
Ok, so apparently the issue was something to do with the sampling rate on the software. I changed it to 48kHz instead of 41kHz as per the only recommendation I could find on the internet and restarted my PC and now everything seems to work as intended.
Likely to be some bug in the software.

If you are sure that you: 1) do not have another app controlling sound, and 2) are sure that your voicemeeter software is correctly installed and configured then my recommendation is to contact the manufacturer.

However, you can find more information that may prove useful before you make contact:

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see what else may be running on your system.

Focus on audio related software and apps. Disable one at a time until the error disappears. That would most likely be the "Another app...".

Be methodical, keep some notes, use screen captures, and always be ready to go back a step (undo) if something goes astray.

Feb 7, 2018
Ok, so apparently the issue was something to do with the sampling rate on the software. I changed it to 48kHz instead of 41kHz as per the only recommendation I could find on the internet and restarted my PC and now everything seems to work as intended.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.