W10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Qcamainx64.sys)

elmowe

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys need help. Just purchased the Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro. I've been getting this BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL followed by (Qcamainx64.sys). Anyone have experience with this? I have no idea what to do. Thank you.

Solution
Try this program. http://whocrashed.en.softonic.com/
It will read all your crash data and give you some insights. I think what you have going on is a driver issue. But WhoCrashed will be a lot more specific. I got turned on to this program by a fellow who, like you, was having a similar bsod with Win10. His issue was a driver issue.

dudmont

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
Try this program. http://whocrashed.en.softonic.com/
It will read all your crash data and give you some insights. I think what you have going on is a driver issue. But WhoCrashed will be a lot more specific. I got turned on to this program by a fellow who, like you, was having a similar bsod with Win10. His issue was a driver issue.

Solution

If you would look in the box the Acer came in, states "if you have questions or concerns... " then provides the Acer support line. As you said you just purchased it, and LIKE A CAR if you drive off the lot and suddenly have problems what would you do with the CAR? Yeah you go back to the seller (this case Acer) and tell them to make it like they advertised. Same with computers.

Shaun o

Distinguished
The message though it looks technical in plain english is saying.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the system driver named.

Performed a task or request from the cpu to instruct another bit of hardware of the system to perform a action.
But the message sent, and the process it was asked to do took too long because the cpu was busy in the system doing something else.

And did not send or receive a response.

It can often happen when the cpu is busy doing another task, or talking to another bit of hardware in the system by the system driver or .SYS .

In your case it in fact related to the web cam of the laptop.
Cammain camera.

For each hardware device connected to the system or a laptop for example each bit of hardware is given an Irq number.
Ie: webcam = IRQ number 7.

A cpu rapidly switches between a set number of Irq numbers of set hardware devices of the system where each is like the hard wares own private channel to talk to the cpu via the software driver or .sys system file to the hardware to ask it to perform a task, then the result is passed to and from the cpu and informs the running driver the request or operation was completed or carried out.

But you can get two bits of hardware, and there respective drivers where they wish to use the same channel number, or Irq address number eg: 7 as the set hardware device.

This leads to a conflict where both the drivers or system files fight for use of the cpu.
So again you are met with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error message.

because the task or request made to the cpu was not completed within a set time.

elmowe

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
This is what I got. Seems like a wifi problem? If i just played on wired internet, do you think it'll stop crashing?

On Sun 6/19/2016 10:38:15 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061916-19734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain10x64.sys (0xFFFFF80099322988)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80099322988)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\qcamain10x64.sys
product: Driver for Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4/QCA9377 Network Adapter
company: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
description: Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: qcamain10x64.sys (Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.).
Google query: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

dudmont

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

Be sure to disable your Wi-Fi adapter.
Have you downloaded the latest Atheros driver?

elmowe

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

It said it was already up to date so i rolled it back and then re-installed it. So hopefully I will stop getting BSOD. I'm going to buy an ethernet cable and try that instead, plus that'll probably be better anyways, Thank you though.