Waking up the display

Dec 9, 2018
When I either start up my S8 or re-awaken the screen I only have about 2 seconds to enter my password before the screen goes black. How can I lengthen this amount of time?

That is odd that it goes out that fast. Try going into "Settings" and then "Display" then going into the "Sleep" settings to make sure it is set to stay on longer. I have never heard of it only lasting a couple seconds before. That is rather odd, especially if you touch the screen during it, but it may not be the phone only.

Dec 9, 2018

Dec 9, 2018
I see: Brightness, Auto Brightness - On, Blue light filter - On, Font and screen zoom, Screen mode - adaptive display,
Home screen, Full screen apps, Easy mode - off, Icon frames, Edge screen, LED indicator, Status bar, Navigation bar, Screen timeout, Block accidental touches - On, Screen saver - Off

Again, very odd. It should be there. It should say "Screen Timeout" and it should be below the "Navigation Bar" option. The fact that it isn't there I find really really strange.

You could try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the option is there then. If so, then something running on the device could be causing it to not show.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Dec 9, 2018
I went back to Consumer Cellular and they checked out the phone and the Tech there said it was normal and that his works the same way. Thank you for your help