Walmart Testing In-Store Lockers for Online Deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I don't think Wal-Mart gets it. People go there because they're cheap not because they're sophisticated (in any sense of the word). Entirely different demographics. I think they would have figured it out because their Ship-To-Store option, which is exactly the same thing in a different wrapper, didn't bring in online business.

Stick with what your good at Wal-Mart.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]I don't think Wal-Mart gets it.[/citation]
Oh but I think they do get it. This comes off to me as Wal-Mart having too many Site-2-Store products/orders getting stolen.

Which doesn't supprise me considering I have worked at one before and have had friends who worked at others in different states tell the same storys.

Free games months before they are released, free bikes, etc etc.

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]Gundam288[/nom]Oh but I think they do get it. This comes off to me as Wal-Mart having too many Site-2-Store products/orders getting stolen. Which doesn't supprise me considering I have worked at one before and have had friends who worked at others in different states tell the same storys.Free games months before they are released, free bikes, etc etc.[/citation]
How is it going to stop employees from stealing the deliveries? Employees should be the only ones aware of site-2-store deliveries outside of the person who ordered it, so I would guess they are the ones stealing the items.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]nordlead[/nom]How is it going to stop employees from stealing the deliveries? Employees should be the only ones aware of site-2-store deliveries outside of the person who ordered it, so I would guess they are the ones stealing the items.[/citation]

Because they will now be locked up, not sitting in a common area where anyone can snatch and grab, employee will have to verify that packages went into locker, missing packages employee is now on the hook, get it?

tajisi

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
So, instead of waiting 30 minutes for the one frantic associate in their electronics area to get back to the site-to-store counter to help me, I can now wait 30 minutes at the electronics register or game case for an unlock because the only associate in the area has been pulled to do this? Great job, Walmart! Now we'll just be ignored and have to wait longer because some moron decided to tie up your only available store associate by ordering a bunch of crap online. This was always the flaw of Pick-up-today. They are too cheap to hire people for the job and instead yank people that will leave other areas without coverage. The only S2S I use is direct to home, which isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.