Solved! Want to download podcasts to mobile device without using data or WiFi

novicefellow

Estimable
Apr 11, 2017
I want to download podcasts to a mobile device without using data or WiFi. I have downloaded several podcast apps. As far as I can tell, they don't allow me to do this.

Solution
You need to download from somewhere, that somewhere is off the podcast site, which you can't reach unless you are connected to the internet. I guess it may be possible to download to a computer then copy to your device through USB but then the computer will need that internet connection that for some reason you don't want on your device.

Those apps you installed still need to be able to download the content somehow, without a connection to the internet they can't work.
You need to download from somewhere, that somewhere is off the podcast site, which you can't reach unless you are connected to the internet. I guess it may be possible to download to a computer then copy to your device through USB but then the computer will need that internet connection that for some reason you don't want on your device.

Those apps you installed still need to be able to download the content somehow, without a connection to the internet they can't work.

Solution