Want to reset to like new

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
I have a Aspire one note book with windows 7 on it. It was my daughters, She no longer wants it so I want to give it to my great nephew who is 4 yrs, it will be used for his ABC mouse and probably some videos. So this is my question. Can I wipe out everything, passwords, files, and so on so it will be like starting new? There is no disk drive to do a clean install of windows so what I am looking for is to delete everything she has on it and just start with windows 7 and I will put what my nephew needs only.
Can this be done and if so HOW?

thank you for your time

Dennis

Solution

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

ok Ill take your advice but I am a PC man and dont know chit about these notebooks, This thing was last used in 2013 and I had to buy a new battery just to get it turned on, lol. How would I go about wiping out the old windows and doing a clean install. I know the link you provided my shows the usb install but what about wiping it first?

voxic

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

Well that happens in the process. If you have a USB with Windows on it, boot into it and you'll have the option to format the drive before installing Windows.

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

Ok so doing it this way it will take away any passwords, files and such that she had on there? in other words starting fresh?
I have a windows 7 disk I bought , I am converting it to a usb now.

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

Aspire One D257-13404

voxic

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

Yes, it will make a completely fresh system. No passwords, or files, except for default Windows files. And if you don't know the password, there are ways to get around those.

Solution

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

Thank you. Yea I know the passwords, I can log into her windows I just want to wipe it all out and start new with it for my nephew , Its nothing but a paperweight to me, lol but for him its perfict. hes only 4 and sofar this has only cost me 12 bucks for a new battery. Im sure you understand, lol

voxic

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

I'm 16, so I understand what it's like to be the nephew. My uncle is the that got me into computers and networking.

mrgrunts

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

installing now, hope it works