Want to switch Verizon Samsung 5S to Straight Talk

Texguy

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
A friend just gave me a Verizon Galaxy5S. I am currently using a very old LG that is with Straighttalk. All I want to do is switch the Galaxy phone to my current Straighttalk Auto-refill service. I contacted Straighttalk and they said it could not be done. I thought that was BS and looked online...found this:

You may transfer your telephone number from another company to Straight Talk online. To port in your existing telephone number to your Straight Talk phone, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider. (IT IS)

You need to request Straight Talk to port in your number, Straight Talk will process your request in your behalf.

Straighttalk would not do it.

HELP ANYONE?

Solution
The only ones that can help you with this is the company you are dealing with, no-one here can make they port your number. Try calling them again, maybe head to a WalMart where they have Straight Talk stores.

What you read was about was moving ANOTHER company assigned phone number to Straight Talk, not a Straight Talk number to a new phone. They should be able to port their own number to another phone, I have done it with MetroPCS when changing phones for my kids.
The only ones that can help you with this is the company you are dealing with, no-one here can make they port your number. Try calling them again, maybe head to a WalMart where they have Straight Talk stores.

What you read was about was moving ANOTHER company assigned phone number to Straight Talk, not a Straight Talk number to a new phone. They should be able to port their own number to another phone, I have done it with MetroPCS when changing phones for my kids.

Solution