Warner, Sony BMG, EMI, Universal Sued for Piracy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarvis

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004
I love how they sue people for hundreds of thousands of dollars per song or whatever but then want to pay a paltry sum when they act in a WORSE manner! They are actually making money off of these songs whereas the normal pirate is just listening. Take these guys to the cleaners!

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
I understand that so many people are happy about this; however, as stated previously, no one has the rights to steal something from someone else. It does not matter if it is the record companies or the individual's. Piracy is Piracy!!! With that being said, the record companies should have to pony up the same fee they charged others with if not more.

I really hope that the artist suing the companies don’t take the 6 billion and run but rather pursue the issue and demand the actual amount due to them. Perhaps if it put so much hurt on the record labels, they will be forced to change the way they do business.

The labels have controlled our entertainment for far too long. It’s about time we the Consumer as well as the artist take it back.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
just wait till you all see how the legal system REALLY works. This will never get to a Jury Trial or anywhere even close. Big business has more legal power then civillians. It works like that cause civy's arent willing to lift a finger for anything.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]nice of TorrentFreak to report this... so what? like us pirating is any more justified now?[/citation]
If Hitler tells you Joseph Stalin is a bad guy, does that make one right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.