wat games can i play on a lenovo B50-45 AMD A6-6310 quad core radeon R5 m230 play?

bradcac

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi guys im new to this so i havnt got a clue what sort of games my laptop will play that my girlfriend has bought me can anyone give me any advice to what games will play please..thanks

my laptop is a lenovo B50-45 AMD A6-6310 quad core radeon R5 m230 my ram is a 4 gb my processor speed is 1.8GHz/2.4GHz turbo quad core with 2 gb dedicated graphics, 15.6"anti glare and the resolution is (1366 x 768) display.

Solution
That is very sweet of your girlfriend... unfortunately the laptop is rather anemic. While the A6-6310 does have 4 cores, it is a budget processor (APU). The Radeon R5 M230 is not very powerful, it is a bit slower than the Intel HD 520 graphics core and the nVidia GT 720m. Click below for some benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M230.108655.0.html

Based on a few games I used to test the Intel HD 4400 graphics core (which is less powerful than the Radeon R5 M230, you can play the following games.

Mass Effect 3 (which means 1 & 2 are also playable)
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (should run pretty well if you disable shadows)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (uses the same engine as Fallout 3)
Star Trek Online

I don't...

Dikyashi

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Your girlfriend is a Keeper ,bro!!.Aside from that you can play all modern games at low to medium settings with some features off.

ikaz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
The first thing to do if you haven't already is get a GOG, steam and I would create a blizzard account as well. The look for the free games that get you attention and see if you can run them since there is no cost that will give you an idea of the type of games that your system can handle. If I was to just say Eyeball it I would say you probably could play games released in 2006-2009 at 720p (your laptop resolution) at maybe medium/low setting. Probably games released on the unreal engine 3.5 like mass effect, and other games like fall out 3 and elder scrolls 4 or even skyrim on low settings.

ikaz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Well I would say based on the requirement you should be able play on at least med with some setting on high you may have to tweek it a bit. The only issue I could see if that I doubt that game is very multi threaded so it probably won't help too much that you have a quad core it probably runs 90% off a single thread which favor intel CPU's.

That is very sweet of your girlfriend... unfortunately the laptop is rather anemic. While the A6-6310 does have 4 cores, it is a budget processor (APU). The Radeon R5 M230 is not very powerful, it is a bit slower than the Intel HD 520 graphics core and the nVidia GT 720m. Click below for some benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M230.108655.0.html

Based on a few games I used to test the Intel HD 4400 graphics core (which is less powerful than the Radeon R5 M230, you can play the following games.

Mass Effect 3 (which means 1 & 2 are also playable)
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (should run pretty well if you disable shadows)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (uses the same engine as Fallout 3)
Star Trek Online

I don't play many games anymore. Currently I am playing Star Trek Online (listed above) as well as Fallout 4 and Doom (2016); both of those games will not run well using the M230.

Other games that are playable, but I have no direct experience would be Minecraft and League of Legends.

Solution