watch pc videos on hd ready tv

Rockatar Canada

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
I have a laptop and a hd ready tv.It doesnt has any hdmi port but it has ports for cables(red yellow blue green white and so on{RCA}.
Is there any kind of converter by which which i can watch laptop videos on my hd ready tv.
I know it is possible but what is the procedure and things required.
Thanx and please post some suggestions..It would be really helpful..

Solution

It will work fine
if you face any problem just switch ntsc and pal mode to get the proper signal

mrt3

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

buy Cable VGA To RCA or HDMI To RCA
link:
http://www.amazon.ca/HDMI-Adapter-Converter-Cable-1080p/dp/B00CHHG9UE

nismoguy82

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

I think you need to be MORE specific as to what model TV you have, so we know exactly which types of inputs you have. Unless all you really have are RCA (red, white, yellow) and Component (red, blue, green) inputs.

nismoguy82

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

That won't work without a Digital to analog converter. Or his laptop HAS to support analog through HDMI.

from the product notes:

"Please note: This item is only supposed to work with your device which has got the function of signal transfer. If not, another converter is required, which is NOT included in the package.
Notes:
1. Even though this cable supports Hot Plugging, improper usage may reduce the service life or cause damage to the device. Therefore we do not recommend Hot Plugging for any HDMI cables. Please confirm that both input and output devices are off when plugging or unplugging HDMI cables.
2. Please make sure that your computer's HDMI port has the function of analog signal output while using the HDMI port."

mrt3

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

It will work fine without any convertor

Rockatar Canada

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
I can just provide these details for my tv- samsung plano color tv with dnlejr
-pure flat tv
-400w sound output
-turbo plus sound
Will hdmi to rca converter work or not..?I am in a doubt..

mrt3

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

It will work fine
if you face any problem just switch ntsc and pal mode to get the proper signal

Solution

nismoguy82

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

Check the reviews on the above Amazon link, and on other similar cable adapters on Amazon, they're cheap enough to try.

Hi,
I strongly recommend the ROKU 2 media player.
https://www.roku.com/products/compare

You can stream to it wirelessly from a PC or other compatible device or play back files from an attached thumb drive or hard drive.

Also supports NETFLIX, and of course has a REMOTE CONTROL to make navigating much easier.

(It's highly unlikely that the converter linked above will even work. The HDMI output must support passive mode which is not very common. I'm surprised he even linked it considering all the comments at the bottom calling it "garbage".

You would need an ACTIVE converter likely which may not work perfectly either but that will cost a big chunk of what a ROKU 2 would cost so I'd just get that instead which is far easier to use.

Not sure why the guy said it will work despite all the evidence to the contrary.)

Other:
I recommend using K-Lite Standard to view videos on your PC.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Use "software" method.

nismoguy82

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

I agree with you regarding the linked cable. Also, maybe OP just wants to play his DVD's on TV? A streaming stick wouldn't be a solution for him. He didn't specify if he wanted to watch online videos.