Watch the Final Fantasy XIII Trailer From TGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Actually now that the PS3 is somewhat affordable this may be a good time for a FF despite the downturn. Had this game released when the base model was still $399, or higher, it would be much less successful. I think FFXIII with the PS3 will be the big ticket item this Christmas, but of course I still won't buy one ^_^.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Sweet Jebus, YES! Why can't they release this thing in US and JP at the same time?

2010 will be a great year for the Final Fantasy franchise with XIII and XIV coming out.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
um, isn't this the one releasing on the xbox as well? looking like they're going to release the US version for both platforms at the same time

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]tonyn84[/nom]um, isn't this the one releasing on the xbox as well? looking like they're going to release the US version for both platforms at the same time[/citation]

Wow, I skimmed for someone mentioning the Xbox and somehow totally missed your post.

G

Too much Japanese crap!
"hai", and shake your head.. Because of that anime isn't very well known in the USA.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I hope they keep the same combat style they had for FF XII. It was the best FF to date. I have played 8,9,10 & 12 all the way through. 10 & 12 twice. Looking forward to this game.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
arigato is more like "thanks" - it's informal and casual, as is "domo"

it gets more formal the more you add to it: arigato gozaimasu is more like "thank you very much", don't pronounce the "u" unless you're being formal, and the full domo arigato gozaimasu is about as polite as you can get.

thought i'd just throw that out there

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I wish they'd bring out a PC version, just because I don't have a PS3 or the cash for one...I've been missing out since FF X because of a lack of PS2/3 :(

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]I wish they'd bring out a PC version, just because I don't have a PS3 or the cash for one...I've been missing out since FF X because of a lack of PS2/3[/citation]You wouldn't be saying that if you tried playing the PC version of 7 and 8.

FF11 was the only one they released for PC and actually kept up with (for obvious reasons).

She probably said arigato because the Japanese have only started saying "I love you" for less than a handful of decades (2-3). I have yet to find a Japanese teacher (that was born and raised in Japan) who would nail down something equivalent to the Latin based cultures "I love you." Whoever subbed it took it in context to mean "I love you" since "Thank you" would make even less sense in the context of a lover flying away to fight something.
[\end_Arm_chair_casual_study_critic]

Status
Not open for further replies.