Solved! Water damaged laptop

Mike_390

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Hello my brother knocked a drink on the side of his laptop it went off, when you turn it on screen is black and fans won't kick in any ideas I have striped it back and dryed it but still nothing

Solution
usually if its water damage when its off there is little chance that it can still be rescued.but when its turn on and liquid goes through the board,some part might short circuit.i suggest opening it up totally and leave the board to dry for a few days.(maybe the rice bag trick will work).is it still under warranty?some brands like alienware,asus that i own have warranty for water damage.not sure if newer models still have it though.
usually if its water damage when its off there is little chance that it can still be rescued.but when its turn on and liquid goes through the board,some part might short circuit.i suggest opening it up totally and leave the board to dry for a few days.(maybe the rice bag trick will work).is it still under warranty?some brands like alienware,asus that i own have warranty for water damage.not sure if newer models still have it though.

Solution