We took over 200 photos with the Galaxy S24 Ultra vs iPhone 15 Pro Max — here's the winner

MrMLK

Commendable
Oct 24, 2021
Interesting article, but what I got out of it mostly is that the two camera are close enough that nobody should be selecting either phone based on the camera.

john_velasco

Great
Feb 29, 2024
Interesting article, but what I got out of it mostly is that the two camera are close enough that nobody should be selecting either phone based on the camera.
If zoom is important to you, then I'd say the S24 Ultra. If not, iPhone 15 pro Max.

Mar 2, 2024
I have to say, I'm on a 15PM currently. Everyone talks about how Samsung over leverages AI to create detail, and over saturates colour. But this comparison really showed the opposite. I have been happy enough with my photos, but I really, REALLY appreciated the natural appearance of the S24 pictures in natural light. MUCH more than the PM, which creates a lot of artificial detail. Great reminder that picture perfect is subjective!

If a good enough deal comes along, I'll be open to switching.

Mar 4, 2024
Now that we've been using the Galaxy S24 Ultra and iPhone 15 Pro Max for an extended amount of time, we decided to see how their cameras really stack up after we took over 200 photos with them.

We took over 200 photos with the Galaxy S24 Ultra vs iPhone 15 Pro Max — here's the winner : Read more
To me the iPhone photos look over exposed, yes at times the colours look brighter but the rest of the photos tend to look very over exposed hence why they look brighter. Over exposed in pictures isn't good, however the s24 ultra at times looks under exposed which is why they are darker, but to me my preference is the under exposed pictures rather than the very washed out look like the iphone appears to be more consistent of.

Was this potentially done to premote Iphone promo?

That being said I'm sure with some setting tweaks they would both look very good; more natural in looks.