We took over 200 photos with the Galaxy S24 Ultra vs OnePlus 12 — here's the winner

Mar 2, 2024
Quickly scrolled through the article. Other than zoom and low light performance in which you can objectively argue S24 Ultra 's edge, what the rest really comes down to is whether you like the Samsung color processing or OnePlus's that is tuned by Hasselblad.

The astrophotography comparison definitely shows bias, though. Why would you focus on being able to see tree branches in a photo that's all about stars in the sky? S24 Ultra's is way overexposed and looks unnatural. Besides, an actual astrophotography attempt with the S24 Ultra would require shooting in Raw on a tripod, using Samsung's hidden astrophotography mode. Simply pointing camera up at the night sky is not astrophotography.

Mar 3, 2024
I must be crazy because the OnePlus looks better, in my opinion, in most of these pictures. It's crazy because before this I thought OnePlus had issues with high contrast. Some of these pictures Samsung look out right ridiculous, lol. The ice rink picture looks ridiculous.

I would agree that Samsung wins over half of these. But I don't see it being as one sided as you are seeing it.

Mar 3, 2024
Most of these pictures were very close, imo. It was y no means a clear landslide. And I preferred the OnePlus photos in some of them. If the purchasing public in the US were less disinterested in comparing these things Samsung would be concerned.

Mar 3, 2024
I must be blind a well but i actually preferred the oneplus photos with the dynamic range. I'm seeing a magenta color in the white balance in the S24 which seems off to me. Also i agree that in the night photos, oneplus is too aggressive in crushing the shadow details, however it depicts the night sky way better than the galaxy and gives a better overall impression that the photo was taken at night. I think both phones have their individual strengths but this was not a clear landslide victory for the S24 ultra IMO.

Mar 3, 2024
I must be blind a well but i actually preferred the oneplus photos with the dynamic range. I'm seeing a magenta color in the white balance in the S24 which seems off to me. Also i agree that in the night photos, oneplus is too aggressive in crushing the shadow details, however it depicts the night sky way better than the galaxy and gives a better overall impression that the photo was taken at night. I think both phones have their individual strengths but this was not a clear landslide victory for the S24 ultra IMO.
I'm a little torn on the night photos. On one hand, the S24 Ultra might capture a lot but it looks very unnatural. The OnePlus caught a darker pic but it does look more like what I imagine you might see with your own eyes there. Strangely in the one parking lot photo even though the OnePlus has bathed everything in an orange glow I kind of prefer that. They're not threatening Samsung's dominance in the US though. Most people just don't care enough to question whether the expense to results ratio is good enough.

Mar 10, 2024
Only a few pics were a bit better by the S24 Ultra. Every other picture seems better on the OP12 to my eyes. Why so biased towards the Samsung? For every single test you gave credit to Samsung when it was otherwise. The sky photo was a clear win for the OP12 and you gave credit because it was overexposed. The OP12 Sony sensor is better.