Website Building

Alex_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hello all, I've recently started a computer business named "Select Computers!" Where I build/fix computers locally at the moment. But I would like to make a website kinda like http://www.ibuypower.com/ but more simple. I would just Build the computers to the customer's exact order and put a badge somewhere on the case. But I have No experience on making websites especially e-sales websites and I honestly need help. If anybody can help me or point me in the right direction (like maybe a site that allows you to customize your website.) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, Alex

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Most all web hosting sites offer templates that you can modify. I took a look at that site and they definitely developed from scratch. If you don't have any experience at all, and you're looking to do this professionally, I'd recommend buying a template that suites your needs. You can just Google "website templates" and there are free/paid sites out there.

You just need to buy the template you desire (unless it's free) and then when creating your site on the hosting site, select "start from scratch" and copy/paste the code. From there you can add additional content and whatnot.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely. Aside from Visa, PayPal is the #1 most used payment method for online purchases. As well, there are over 232 million registered PayPal accounts, with over 100 million of them currently active.

Also, PayPal offers fraud protection if anything goes awry as well as secure sessions during purchase. If you're going to offer services/products, PayPal is practically a must.

kengel1021

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I'm new here :hello: (just registered a minute ago). My website hosting service is fatcow. I tried using the fatcow website builder but I was not very happy with it so I switched over the Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and Kompozer web-authoring software which is open source and free to download. http://www.kompozer.net/