Website designing software for dummies what to use/look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorkel

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Hi, I just got the grand idea to create a quite simple website with a sort of blog touch to it.
And I have no intention to host it at a web hotel due to financial issues, instead I had in mind to use my ISP's offered website space.

I have virtually no understanding on how to work with html/css and what not. So what I would like to ask here from the community is the following. Can someone recommend a simple easy to use program that more or less convert my thoughts and layout into html? Mind you it doesn't need to be fancy in any way.

Basically allI want is to write simple reviews of movies/books I see/read and share with friends/family in a simple way. Comments feature not needed but would be extra cream so to speak.

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Try Seamonkey. It has build in wed page editor. Then make a link to a blog made via Blogger and used Google drive as a place to share files.
This require that you know what a link is and know how how to share files, but otherwice it should be the easiest way of making simple webpages with minimal amount of expenses.

Zorkel

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Thanks, will do. And I know how to share files and deal with links. Just not my way around codes/programming. :)

bwallx

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
If you are going to use your ISP see if they offer Wordpress on their servers. This creates great blogging type websites and are hugely configurable just by a few mouse clicks. no programming required. You can make your site look like a blog or like a webpage. Checkout wordpress.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.