Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until

kulords

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby. Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

Sounds like it may be an internal issue. However, you could try disabling the keyboard in device manager and restarting. Upon restart the keyboard will re-install. Either that or try and update the driver. If none of those options do the trick, it is probably hardware related and needs to be repaired.

kulords

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
I tried uninstalling, I took the keyboard out, made sure the connection wasn't loose, checked the drivers and cannot find anything as to what drivers are used--how do I check to see what the model/driver I have is for my keyboard?