Weird short line appearing on the top left of the screen on new laptop

earthlon

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello. I have recently bought an Acer Aspire V3-574, and a few days ago I noticed that when I use certain programs (like, for example, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Firefox), a short line of pixels on the top left of the screen changes color. This line appears and disappears at random when I move the mouse, and it's always on the same spot.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/H1PrY

When I try to take screeshots, the line doesn't appear on them. I am starting to think that maybe certain color combinations being displayed on the screen trigger it, because when I put a screenshot of Adobe Reader Acrobat with a PDF open on fullscreen, the line started appearing and dissapearing as well.

I've also connected the laptop to a TV to check if it was just the laptop's monitor, but the line appeared on that screen too.

It would appear that the line is more likely to appear if text is being shown in the screen, but I'm not completely sure.

I don't know if it helps, but sometimes I was able to move the cursor to the line, and it seems that the cursor goes over it (it can be seen on the second picture).

I've also tried changing the resolution a bit, and it seems the line still appears. All the laptop's drivers are up-to-date.

Laptop spec's:

*Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version 1511

*Intel Core i5 5200u Dual-core 2.20 ghz

*Intel HD 5500

*8 GB RAM

I would like to know wether this is a hardware or software issue. This isn't really that annoying, as it seems to appear only under certain specific conditions, but I'm worried about this becoming worse later on, so any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
is not a screen issue as also shown on tv so is onboard video issue or ram issue. send it back for warranty replacement.

earthlon

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I have experimented a little more, and now I think that what triggers the line appearing are certain color being displayed on the screen (when there is a contrast with white and black, for example). I just took another photo of the issue, this time it can be seen over the bar of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but actually the line salways appears on the same place, as I mentioned earlier, regardless of what is there. If I have a white window with text or something like that in the righ side of the screen, the line could start appearing the same way on the left side (that's why the photos I uploaded before could be seen over the desktop and not on the program itself).

http://imgur.com/WaWrngH

I am not really sure if this might be a problem with the graphics card itself, or with the video driver. What could it be? :??:

If it's a new laptop, contact Acer, the issue is likely with the LCD screen. No matter what the cause is, it should not be happening on a new laptop and you are better of getting it fixed by then than messing with it yourself and possibly voiding the warranty or doing a temporary fix that will break later when the system is not in warranty anymore.

earthlon

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Thank you for answering. :)
Could it really be the LCD Screen on the laptop if the line also appeared on my TV Screen when I connected it to my laptop?
I want to know if it is a hardware issue because if it is, I can get a new laptop of the same model in the shop I bought it with the warranty they have; but if it because a bug in the graphics driver or some compatibility issue with Windows 10, then I really wouldn't mind it. I am just worried about this problem becoming worse later on, if it is just a little glitch with no other real consequences, I would be fine with it.