Question Weird sudden bad quality sound then back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2022
Hello
Im having weird issue on my pc Where the audio suddenly become low quality sound then after 5~10 sec its back to normal
Approx with 5min intervals and its consistent not random
-Also note than im using a very good gaming tv TCL with built in front speakers
  • im using RTX 3070
  • this is a fresh windows 11 install
  • this issue only happen while using the pc either gaming or no

I tried the following
1- changed my hdmi cable
2- used different hdmi port on my TV
3- removed the only application that i think might caused the issue (wallpaper engine)
4- uninstalled and re installed my vga driver
5- went into my motherboard website and downloaded sound update

View: https://youtu.be/lxr10SVahkQ

May 9, 2022
It almost sounds like something is demanding more bandwidth in the background, an app or virus checker causing it to drop the sound quality. Totally a guess but I've experienced it over Bluetooth to a high quality receiver hooked to my home stereo.

Apr 27, 2022
It almost sounds like something is demanding more bandwidth in the background, an app or virus checker causing it to drop the sound quality. Totally a guess but I've experienced it over Bluetooth to a high quality receiver hooked to my home stereo.
Thank you for you reply as it really helped me on narrowing down my research
I think “bandwidth” is the correct thing that is affecting the sound.
After extensive checking and formatting the whole pc, i found out that Enabling HDR in windows or 4k@120 will make the sound problem appear again

i have two hdmi cables that is 2.1 and from different brands
And i also noticed that suddenly i cant run my ps5 at max resolution since the signal is really unstable

can this be cable problem only? Or my tv is defective?
Also can an hdmi cable become slower and lose bandwidth permanently when using it at its max rated usage?

pdally

Prominent
May 18, 2022
I can't really hear the issue from that clip, but sometimes when a process starts running in the background, it can affect the sound for a few seconds. I notice it happening whenever the process in question is using a lot of RAM

Apr 27, 2022
I can't really hear the issue from that clip, but sometimes when a process starts running in the background, it can affect the sound for a few seconds. I notice it happening whenever the process in question is using a lot of RAM
The sound quality transport from loud and annoying to clear and crisp, maybe headphones can show the issue better

also i dont think that its RAM related since i get this issue in any game i play (even when i play oldschool games like Generals Zero Hour)
And only happen when i set (HDR on) or (120hz) or both
I just bought new 2.1 cable that uses display port and hdmi , same thing happens

Important (i found that removing the hdmi and replugging it fixes the sound issue until it return back by playing more)

May 9, 2022
The sound quality transport from loud and annoying to clear and crisp, maybe headphones can show the issue better

also i dont think that its RAM related since i get this issue in any game i play (even when i play oldschool games like Generals Zero Hour)
And only happen when i set (HDR on) or (120hz) or both
I just bought new 2.1 cable that uses display port and hdmi , same thing happens

Important (i found that removing the hdmi and replugging it fixes the sound issue until it return back by playing more)
HDR does use more bandwidth and I imagine processing power. Are you streaming from the internet or just from a drive? If from a service, how's your download speeds? If from your computer maybe you could check what processes are running when it happens. I used to know how to do that but now have forgotten but I'm sure if you don't know how someone here can help you. Just guessing on this stuff but with some logic behind the guesses. 🤔 It just seems that something is either using bandwidth either on downloading or processing and it's just enough to effect sound to be able to produce HDR. A new thought, have you checked for a video card or soundcard driver update?
Might be the answer.

Apr 27, 2022
I already formatted my pc and updated my grahic card with same results as before
My last resort as of now is that i called the company that sold me the tv and they will send someone to check it for me
Seriously , i dont know why is this happening , i used three different 2.1 cables with same exact results 😞

Apr 27, 2022
I was able to find the issue, it was defective TV all along, for some reason while using 4k , the android in the tv glitch out, i called the company and the did a fresh android install that supposed to fix this bug, but right now the whole android system crash from time to time while using 4k

Tv brand :- TCL C825

Status
Not open for further replies.