What’s the best business laptop among these four options?

Feb 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
I desperately need help since I can’t decide which laptop to buy.
I need something transportable, rugged and well built which can last at least for 6 years.
I use my laptop mainly for heavy web browsing (30+ tabs), web sites maintenance, writing articles.
Secondarily I seldom use adobe premier for create posters, flyers and booklet. Sometimes adobe photoshop and Filmora for video editing and montage. I don’t use my laptop for play video games.

These are the options that I spotted, basically I need an i7, 16gb ram and ssd storage in a portable size without pass 1300$.

Lenovo ThinkPad 13 - 2nd gen
Screen 13.3" (1920x1080) Full HD, matte / Intel Core i7-7500U (2.7 - 3.5 ghz) / RAM 16gb ddr4 2133 / SSD 512 gb (idk if sata or PCIe)/ Intel HD Graphics 620
1039€ (1282$)

HP ProBook 430 g5
13.3" (1920x1080) Full HD, matte / Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 - 4.0 ghz) / RAM 16 gb ddr4 2400/ SSD 256 gb PCIe/ Intel UHD Graphics 620 /
862€ (1063$)

Asus VivoBook S14 S410UN
14.0" (1920x1080) Full HD, matte / Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 - 4.0 ghz) / RAM 16 gb ddr4 2133 / HDD 1 tb + SSD 256 gb sata / nVidia GeForce MX150, 4 gb /
1051€ (1296$)

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E470
14" (1920x1080) Full HD, matte / Intel Core i7-7500U (2.7 - 3.5 ghz) / RAM 16 gb ddr4 2133/ SSD 256 gb sata / nVidia GeForce GT 940MX, 2 gb
837€ (1033$)

What’s your opinion? Especially about quality, hardware, durability, the best deal overall.
Ps. I excluded dell XPS 13 and thinkpad t470, E480 because we’re to much expansive with the same specs.

Thanks in advance for your help

Solution
There is no guarantee that a laptop will last 6 years. Even expensive high quality laptops may need warranty service in less than 1 year.

Of the laptops listed, only the ThinkPad 13 is considered to be semi-rugged because ever since IBM first created the ThinkPad series do they go through a barrage of tests to meet the Dept of Defense's MIL-Spec program which puts all electronic equipment in a variety of environmental and durability tests. There have even crash tests in the past which involved Thinkpads in cars crashing into a wall and off-center crashes at 35 MPH. The laptop is more or less ruined, but are still able to turn on and more importantly the "roll-cage" for the hard drive provided enough protection for it so that at least...
There is no guarantee that a laptop will last 6 years. Even expensive high quality laptops may need warranty service in less than 1 year.

Of the laptops listed, only the ThinkPad 13 is considered to be semi-rugged because ever since IBM first created the ThinkPad series do they go through a barrage of tests to meet the Dept of Defense's MIL-Spec program which puts all electronic equipment in a variety of environmental and durability tests. There have even crash tests in the past which involved Thinkpads in cars crashing into a wall and off-center crashes at 35 MPH. The laptop is more or less ruined, but are still able to turn on and more importantly the "roll-cage" for the hard drive provided enough protection for it so that at least the data can be retrieved. MIL-Spec does not guarantee that the laptop will never require warranty service.

HP stated that their HP ProBook series are MIL-Spec as of either 2016 or 2017. But as far as I am aware of such claims have not been independently verified.

The ThinkPad Edge laptop is a ThinkPad, but it is one of the more economical models and is not MIL-Spec certified. Making a laptop semi-rugged does make it more expensive.

The Asus VivoBook is simply a lightweight consumer laptop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your choice is basically between the ThinkPad 13 and HP ProBook. ThinkPads (excluding the Edge and L series) are known for being rugged. The HP Probook has a quad core CPU so it offers better overall performance than the ThinkPad 13, but to the best of my knowledge, the MIL-Spec claim has not be independently verified yet.

Solution