What Are Steam Machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
SteamOS is based on Debian, not Ubuntu, and unless something has changed with Valve's vision, the last thing I read was SteamOS is NOT going to be a standard OS; the Debian desktop exists purely in beta for debugging and testing, and will be removed from the final product. As a result, you can't install other software (which is why I find Gabe's comment about having no issue installing Origin on a Steam Machine very confusing).Or have I missed something?Plus, this article just further illustrates how up-in-the-air the entire concept of a Steam Machine actually is. If they're aimed as "living-room entertainment centres" not "optimised gaming rigs" then why do some of them come with one or even 2 GTX Titans? That's a hardcore gaming rig!And if SteamOS is treated as any other Linux distro so you can install other software and do non-gaming things, they why even bother with all of this when anybody's choice of Linux with the standard Steam client will do the same job (except the game streaming)?

edrt2

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I absolutely love this program, it's actualy the most financially rewarding I've ever had. You can work where ever, when ever, and as much as you want. Earn up to $100 in a day, pretty cool!! I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here Pow6.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS