What are the good laptops under $420 ?

IMS

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I'm willing to buy a laptop which i will use for programming, watching movies, internet browsing and general purposes.

My available budget is under $420.

Name some good laptops, which are reliable,better build quality and good enough for a long life(under good caring).

I want a portable laptop with a longer battery life and a good keyboard as i have to do many typing. suggest some laptops which can fulfill my needs.

This is the first time which I'm shopping a laptop, so i don't have any idea what to buy and which brand to buy. I don't have any knowledge on laptops either :D

Solution
Lenovo is what I recommend or Asus, these are the brands what we advice at work and people are satisfied.

Lenovo Z510 - the cpu is not the strongest. Since the cpu is in a rPGA946B socket it means you can later upgrade to a better cpu such as an i7-4702MQ.

Valentin_N

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Lenovo is what I recommend or Asus, these are the brands what we advice at work and people are satisfied.

Lenovo Z510 - the cpu is not the strongest. Since the cpu is in a rPGA946B socket it means you can later upgrade to a better cpu such as an i7-4702MQ.

Solution

IMS

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

ya, that's a good idea. Any other suggestions??

Valentin_N

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Take the chance before it goes away. It is the best option as it has backlit keyboard.

Alternatives
HP alternatives - I recommend the one with i3-3120.
Dell alternatives