What channels do I need to set my TV on all I see is input 4 and input 5

Solution
i don't think the inputs are set up like that anymore. you usually have to cycle through the source/imput button on the remote to change them.

it may be possible to hide the inputs you are not using depending on the tv itself. i have one that lets me do this and a couple others that do not. but the old channel 3/4 selection to get to the inputs left with the coax cable.

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
You most likely have an HDMI options. I would try HDMI 1/2. If that doesn't work, contact Comcast since it could be equipment related. Also make sure the box is turned on.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i don't think the inputs are set up like that anymore. you usually have to cycle through the source/imput button on the remote to change them.

it may be possible to hide the inputs you are not using depending on the tv itself. i have one that lets me do this and a couple others that do not. but the old channel 3/4 selection to get to the inputs left with the coax cable.

Solution

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016

I doubt a company like Comcast is still using Coax, but you never know.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
that's what i saying too :)

when stuff still plugged in via coax on older systems, the tv often had to be set to a specific channel (usually 3 or 4) to see the cable box feed. then the channel was changed on the box and not the tv. it seems like this is what the question is asking. how to do this with the new tv. but that style of input is not used anymore since tv's have a range of options including hdmi, pc inputs, usb, composites and so on. the source is changed through the tv menu now or through the remote.

my suggestion is that his tv may have the option to hid the inputs not being used so when he pushes the source/input button, it only goes to the ones actually being used which is how i am reading the question. some tv's also allow you to rename the inputs so if you can't hide them you can at least easily stop at the right one labeled "cable" or "xbox" or whatever.