what do I press on the acer laptop when its saying that No Bootable device,Hit any key?

No bootable device usually means that as the system progresses through the list of boot devices (USB, CD/DVD, SSD/HDD), it's not finding an operating system to load. When it says, "Press any key to continue", it's telling you to check to make sure that the normal boot device (typically, the hard drive), is the first device the system finds with the OS installed. In other words, make sure there are no USB drives attached or CDs/DVDs in the tray. Once you've done that, press a key and it will restart the boot process. Hopefully, this time, it finds the OS and boots normally. If not, then you have other, more dire issues.

-Wolf sends

twiisaw

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

twiisaw

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
my acer laptop when saying no bootable device.hit any key.from there on the screen it showing boot manager then boot option menu....i just dnt know wht to do and its jus a 5 month laptop after i bought it.please help

saskisam

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
The Bios can be entered if F2 key (on my S7 392, is the Fn key and '2' at the same time)
done when the 'ACER' screen flashes..... If the Bios is 2.08 or lower, there is a battery issue. The 1st fix is to tighten the center (hinge side) screw (TORX 6 driver needed)

The next try is to start in the Bios mode, run the battery down to near 'o', then restart with the power adaptor plugged in. Center screw might also need adjustment. On my
computer if battery is "over charged" this is my required start procedure, NOTE my center screw is not over tight..it finds the SSD and starts as normal.. good luck.

I am trying to upgrade to Bios 2.09 or 2.12 as of 04/22/2015 service not available at ACER