Question What do you get with a better tablet?

Feb 26, 2023
Obviously this is a very subjective question. I have a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus (3rd Gen) - 4GB Memory - 128GB Storage, which I'm fairly happy with but I wonder what are the advantages of an upgrade; I've been looking at a Samsung S8 wifi tablet. I fairly Windows computer literate, but I'm new to Android. Will a better tablet be the same as a better windows computer; faster more robust, more stable with more memory and better graphics? Or is there a limit to what Android OS is capable of? I use my tablet mainly for web browsing, email and streaming videos. Issues I have with the Lenovo is it is not very customizable and it locks up from time to time and can take several hours to unfreeze. The freezing only happens with one streaming app and only when fast forwarding; OTOH if I just left the commercials play it's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: richardwilson123
Apr 4, 2023
I have an old Lenovo Android tablet. I use it exclusively for reading books. Android 5, so there's not much you can do on it. And I don't need to.

Praveen_R

Prominent
Apr 29, 2022
Obviously this is a very subjective question. I have a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus (3rd Gen) - 4GB Memory - 128GB Storage, which I'm fairly happy with but I wonder what are the advantages of an upgrade; I've been looking at a Samsung S8 wifi tablet. I fairly Windows computer literate, but I'm new to Android. Will a better tablet be the same as a better windows computer; faster more robust, more stable with more memory and better graphics? Or is there a limit to what Android OS is capable of? I use my tablet mainly for web browsing, email and streaming videos. Issues I have with the Lenovo is it is not very customizable and it locks up from time to time and can take several hours to unfreeze. The freezing only happens with one streaming app and only when fast forwarding; OTOH if I just left the commercials play it's fine.
When it comes to Android Tablets, there are actually very few solid options that dont cause issues like freezing or lags. Brands like Lenovo, Hp, etc are mainly focused on Laptops so they lack the experience in developing optimized smooth Android devices and that is exactly why they are not present in the Android Smartphone market. I would always suggest you to opt for brands that are exceptional in the Android Market like Oneplus and Google Pixel. Currently, there is the Oneplus Pad which has been really good according to many reviews and Google Pixel Tablet is soon to be released. These companies focus on User Experience with features and good functionalities so they naturally come with some well-optimized high performing device that takes care of multi-tasking with ease while also providing good Camera and other features.