What Do You Think Is The Best Technology in Science-Fiction? A May 4th Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graybush

Estimable
Hey there everyone!

In honor of Star Wars Day this year (May the 4th Be With You), we want to celebrate by talking about some of the best (and worst) gadgets found in the science-fiction genre. Would you want to own a light saber? What about a custom-made ray blaster? Let us know!

Graybush

Estimable
Me personally? I love Star Wars, but Star Trek stole my heart at a very young age. I'd love to get a hold of one of their comm badges. The ability to contact anyone from (almost) everywhere? That's pretty cool. Also, see Leonard Nimroy.

00596627b504c5ee203cbbdaec6b2c54.jpg

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Not a collector (if you don't count tshirts) as well but would just love to own some of this stuff but it's just not in the budget unfortunately. Only toys I have are my computer & motorcycle.

I think at some point I'm going to bring my nephew (10) down to Disney in Florida for the experience, he loves Star Wars. He comes over and we play the Lego Star Wars games on my system, there pretty fun.

Graybush

Estimable
OH MAN I totally forgot about holo projectors! We're so close (as a society) to getting them for everyday use, I'd love to get my hands on one. It means I can attend meets without actually being there!

I mean, we have holo displays now, check it out:
isop_sw_3d_holodisplay_r2.gif

Lutfij

Splendid
I grew up with the first trilogy and man was it an experience watching it on VHS. I always wondered back then if the light sabers would be available for retail. Turns out that the technology wasn't around to come to light apart from some crudely made plastic light bars :p

Star Trek on the other hand, made me wonder how many years had passed for the captain to loose his hair and bone structure :p

Anything that lets us get out there is going to be the best:

Babylon 5 Jump Gates
Stargate's Stargate
Star Trek's Warp Drives
Star Wars Hyperdrive Engines.

As for me, I'll take a BF-1 Hammerhead from Space: Above and Beyond!

hammer03.jpg

-Wolf sends

Status
Not open for further replies.