What does apple require for a device swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloveablemoose

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I bought an iPhone 5 the other day it was stuck in recovery mode and has a broken screen the phone has had a new housing fitted and the old one came with it i don't have a box so i cant really find out the serial number without getting the phone working again also whenever i try to restore the iPhone in iTunes i get error 1 which i think is a hardware issue so essentially will i be ale to walk into the apple store and say here you go pay the fee and get a new phone thanks in advance

Solution
The Serial Number can be found near the battery on the inside of the device if they cannot find it in Settings or on the back of the phone. Most likely if you did want to buy you would be offered a service replacement for around $269-270. As long as the phone is not third party modified that is, if that is the case it will be denial of service.

theloveablemoose

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Yeah i know they dont ill pay the fee to get it replaced but do they need any credentials of the actual phone

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
The Serial Number can be found near the battery on the inside of the device if they cannot find it in Settings or on the back of the phone. Most likely if you did want to buy you would be offered a service replacement for around $269-270. As long as the phone is not third party modified that is, if that is the case it will be denial of service.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.