Solved! What does it mean if I can hear my hard drive spinning but nothing loads up on my Xbox anymore?

Aug 31, 2020
so my kids decided to use my toshiba as a Frisbee into the dogs water bowl....im thinking I fried it but when I opened it up I didn't see any residual water inside the drive itself and it still spins but stops, spins then stops, spins then stops....any ideas?

Thanks
Jericho

Solution
I see. So you didn't actually open the hard drive unit inside the case (which is tough to do). After having taken a bath, I suspect the interface electronics in the case is no longer any good. The actual hard drive is pretty well sealed (but not waterproof) so you may be able to get an interface cable to connect the drive (I'm referring to the actual drive inside the case). I don't know anything about XBox files, but maybe you can retrieve some date. I'd re-ask that on an XBox forum.
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry was frustrated when wrote that its just a 500 gb toshiba external ive had for a while I only removed the case but it was doing that noise before hand. I didnt even know that happened, I came home saw that it was disconnected like my kids always do when they aren't being watched for five seconds so I just plugged it back in and the Xbox registered it the first time but when I noticed one of my games was having trouble loading is when I looked at the hard drive and now that I think about it I think it burned up, because the LED light that let's you know it has power was blinking like crazy.....i found out about water in it when I opened case and saw the water inside case...

I see. So you didn't actually open the hard drive unit inside the case (which is tough to do). After having taken a bath, I suspect the interface electronics in the case is no longer any good. The actual hard drive is pretty well sealed (but not waterproof) so you may be able to get an interface cable to connect the drive (I'm referring to the actual drive inside the case). I don't know anything about XBox files, but maybe you can retrieve some date. I'd re-ask that on an XBox forum.

Solution