Solved! What does it mean when my computer was unabe to start

bachelj

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Hello,
I slightly dropprrd my omputer and it is telling me "your computer is unable to start and they are running scan for fixes. What possible fixes may they need?

Solution

It might be running Checkdisk to see if it can repair any damage to the hard disk but the problem is, physical damage is harder for software to repair than just a few bad sectors. Try restarting and tapping the Function 8 key before Windows loads and then select Safe Mode. Windows may then be able to start with fewer devices running. Your hard disk is anything but hard - it's quite possible to break it just by squeezing the laptop in the wrong place.

[/#000ff]

It might be running Checkdisk to see if it can repair any damage to the hard disk but the problem is, physical damage is harder for software to repair than just a few bad sectors. Try restarting and tapping the Function 8 key before Windows loads and then select Safe Mode. Windows may then be able to start with fewer devices running. Your hard disk is anything but hard - it's quite possible to break it just by squeezing the laptop in the wrong place.

[/#000ff]

Solution