What gaming laptop should i get?

NewLaptopGuy

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Hey guys,

Recently was given some money and have decided to buy myself a gaming laptop, not a desktop. Maximum price range of about £1200 but ideally would only like to spend £800. Would love to play all the new total war games at maximum settings and maybe even games such as The Witcher 3. Let me know if im being realistic for that price range and some suggestions of laptops would be nice.

Thanks

For max settings you need to be in the $1,200 range, and maybe more for some games if you want smooth play. I don't know about overseas sales, but www.xoticpc.com has a very simple sortable gaming laptop section. You would want a laptop with an NVidia 860m or AMD R9 270M or above for high settings.

IreneQ

Estimable
May 15, 2015
When you are talking about Witcher 3 the recommented GPU(GTX 770/R9 290) is for 60fps at mid-high settings. If you buy an MSI gaming series laptop, you get GTX 9 series, which will give you the power you need to play full settings. You can go with the MSI budget gaming series GE60-2QD for right around £800 or if you want to go higher end at the £1200 range, then you can pick up the MSI mid to highend MSI GS60 2QE. Either way you go, I don't think you can go wrong.

GregoryDude

Estimable
May 16, 2015
I just recently undertook the arduous research process in finding a gaming laptop and it was a bit daunting. At the end of the day I went with one of those specialized stores such as the ones that folks have mentioned. I'm in the U.S. and I purchased through cyberpowerpc.com.

A UK equivalent website that has a great reputation and reviews, especially on their portable gaming laptops, would be www.chillblast.com.

For the kind of gaming you want to do, I would go with a Chillblast Defiant model. They aren't terribly expensive and they have a very capable GTX 960m. I prefer mobility and went with a 13" but they also have a 15" version, which ever you prefer.

If you don't get something from there, I would make sure whatever Laptop you get that it has at a minimum based on the games you want to play, a GTX 860m dedicated card or R9 m290X if you really want an AMD. I wouldn't worry too much about CPUs. I found that all Laptops with dedicated video cards (GTX 860m and above) followed suit with competent CPUs.