What happened to my PC?

CL4P-TP

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
My PC is running Windows 7 Pro x64, and it's up to date. It's motherboard is a Biostar T5XE, and I don't know what bios version it had.

I downloaded a program called Unified Remote from this site, https://www.unifiedremote.com, and that's when the problems started.

First it worked great, then my PC froze when I used the program to play a game. Later I turned it back on, removed Unified Remote from startup, and turned it off. Then I started my browser, and my PC froze. Ctr alt del didn't work, and I saw Unified Remote was still on. I restarted my PC, and it displayed an error message. It claimed the cmos was bad. I selected, "load default settings." Then it froze on the OS load screen. I restarted it again, and it turned on but didn't boot anything. The fans and lights come on, but nothing was sent to the screen. I don't think it's even loading the bios.

Did Unified Remote do this. It has good reviews on trustworthy sites, and I downloaded it from what they claim is its official site. However, the timing suggests otherwise.

Also, how do I fix this?

maarkr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
did u get it to boot to your main screen yet? check your drives are setup to load in the bios. try starting the OS in safe mode F8, system restore, remove all bad files and bad startup links...

CL4P-TP

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
@maarkr
The os won't boot. That bios screen won't display, and it won't boot from the os or motherboard disk. Furthermore, it just happened after Universal Remote was installed.

Also, I've never had problems with this PC until now.

TRENDING THREADS