What is a good laptop for music production just under $1000, thanks!

murman1983

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
Hey, I've never had my own laptop before, but am decently tech savvy, so please be gentle if I sound like an idiot. Anyways, as the title says, I need

1. A laptop for my music. I have recorded guitar tracks on a foot pedal that I need to move to a computer and manage. So plenty of storage and a decent audio system.

2. I am looking for a traditional laptop, nothing fancy like a touchpad, or 2 in 1, or where the screen flips around backwards. I hate tablets and figure the money put towards making it "tablet like" could be put towards better hard/software (if that makes since).

3. I would like something pretty durable and probably in the 5-7 lb range. Every time I do a search of say "best laptops under $1000" I get things like MacBook or Zenbook, which I am not interested in.

4. I also need to browse the internet, and watch videos with good streaming speed

5. A dvd and cd drive, and a cd/dvd burner. Not sure how common those are though, once again I'm a newb to laptops.

6. Ports too, I need hdmi, mini hdmi, unless there is some way to convert between the two, which I think there is, and an sd card reader

7. I would like to leave a small amount of room as far as money to back up my laptop, but am willing to spend up to $1000 for everything.

8. And last but not least something that can run Doom 1&2, and Age of Empires, the only games ill ever need.

I figure a $800 laptop is better than a $400 laptop, so I have no problem spending that much, don't really want an Apple though, and if I cant get a very nice laptop for $1000, then Im probably asking the wrong person. XD lol
Thanks, and I hope I don't sound to incompetent
Also, im open too best bang for your buck options too

baxtmann

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
i would say any computer with an i7 and at least 16GB or ram. Also, i would recommend making it a hackintosh or considering buying a mac for a little more money. because macs have the best music production software on the market and average specs.