What is A good Video recording sofware???

massa902

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I was wondering what app to use for recording games on my PC I heard of bandicam and I know alot of people use it but tried it and it mead my game lag horribly when recording, not so much when the application was open but just when a hit the record hotkey.. so is there others apps that arent so CPU intensive ie Fraps or msi afterburner( I don't think they make videos thouhg)????

Solution
Please ensure you lag from recording is actual lag and not just the software capping your frame rate to record. If you are gaming at over 60fps then the recorder drops you do 30(to keep the files sizes down to about 2 and change gigabytes per min[1920 x 1080] if I remember for fraps) you are going to feel the slow down.

The best performance option is a dedicated hardware compression capture card. The quality may not be quite as good, but the files are MUCH smaller(meaning the hard drive does not have to be as fast or have good access times) and the cpu does not have to do any of the work.

If you happen to have an Nvidia GTX 650 or newer(or was it 650 ti) Nvidia will be releasing an update in the future that will bring hardware...

nukemaster

Distinguished
Please ensure you lag from recording is actual lag and not just the software capping your frame rate to record. If you are gaming at over 60fps then the recorder drops you do 30(to keep the files sizes down to about 2 and change gigabytes per min[1920 x 1080] if I remember for fraps) you are going to feel the slow down.

The best performance option is a dedicated hardware compression capture card. The quality may not be quite as good, but the files are MUCH smaller(meaning the hard drive does not have to be as fast or have good access times) and the cpu does not have to do any of the work.

If you happen to have an Nvidia GTX 650 or newer(or was it 650 ti) Nvidia will be releasing an update in the future that will bring hardware accelerated recording of video games using the gpu's build in h264 encoder. This will result in all the benefits of the hardware capture card, but without needing one.

Solution