What is Iocreatefile?

kiddo_39

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Hello there,I know about the Zw functions,but i'am not sure about the function Iocreatefile,what will it do?by the name I can say it creates file but normally zwcreatefile/ntcreatefile are called for file creations.so,when or at what situation iocreatefile's are called?

Ijack

Distinguished
Well, that's a complicated subject and it very much depends upon what you are trying to do.

You might have a look at this article. It's fairly old, and was about NT, but the principles remain the same. At any rate it should give you a starting point for further research.

kiddo_39

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010

Okay fine,actuallly it is a complicated question,and I understand that you are not aware of dll injection/hooking.anyways thank you for responding.I will find another forum.Bye.

kiddo_39

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
okay fine,actually it is a kinda complicated question too and I also understand that you are not aware of dllinjection/hooking,anyways thanks for your response.Bye

Ijack

Distinguished
I'm sorry that you found the article that I linked to about hooking into Windows dlls a little too advanced, but it's an inherently complicated subject. I think you're going to need to do quite a lot of background reading before you understand these things - the Inside Windows books are great for this purpose, but not for the faintheated.

I suspect (and I should have taken note of your username!) that you are looking for some scripts that you can modify for your own purposes. You are right to think that these do exist, and also right to suppose that you won't get any help with them on these forums. As you say, there are other forums dedicated to such matters, but I'm not going to point you towards them.

kiddo_39

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010

thats fine buddy,keep in touch (ucanmailmi@aol.com) if u r interested.bye