What Is Mint SIM, and Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
I just received my MINT SIM card and installed it. It worked without having to set up the information on the APN in the settings.

I did fill in the information, however, the instructions were a bit different in my phone's settings and I had to try several times to fill in the required information in the APN settings.

I've made a few calls and they're pretty clear and the data is very good. I can't wait to take use it when I travel out of my region (Rio Grande Valley Texas), when I travel to the Austin, Texas region.

I was reluctant to call customer service, since I'm sort a of a techie type of person and decided to fill in the instructions on my own and it worked. I love saving money and hope that the low cost for service will last a long time. Try it during the 7-day guarantee period.

Mar 7, 2018
This sounds like a really good deal and the setbacks sound fine to me. BRANCHBOUNCER2 I have a feeling that it was 500mb, not gb. If it was this would be the most popular network ever

danishguy

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Buyer beware - MintMobile does NOT support short code messages used for 2-factor verification with banks etc. I was also never able to get group texts to work properly in spite of contacting tech support multiple times - they never got back to me as promised other than to ask if the issue had been resolved. When I finally got them on the phone they just told me to check my APN settings, which I had already done multiple times and then finally told me that they do not support short code messages.
I finally moved to another company and asked for a refund, but because it had now been more than 7 days I'm just out the $80 I paid.
Thanks for nothing MintMobile

Status
Not open for further replies.