What is my Lenovo IdeaPad laptop worth?

Jun 5, 2018
Hi there,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 that I do not need. It got minimal use and is in pristine cosmetic condition.

I got it in 2014. It contains:
- Intel Core i7 4700MQ at 2.4GHz
- 8GB RAM
- 64-Bit Win 10
- 1920x1080 Display
- 1 TB HDD
- Integrated graphics

I am looking to determine what this is worth, and whether it is worth the hassle to try to sell. (Not sure if I'll try for online or garage sale.)

Can anyone give me an approximate price I should ask?

Thanks!

Solution
Check eBay for similar models. With an i7 and 1080 display it's probably about $250 for a good price for it going by what I see similar models go for. You can start at $300 and see how things go, maybe even higher. When I list things on Craigslist, a lot of people automatically offer me half of the price I listed, even if the listed price is already a good deal. If you list it at 250, people will ask, how about 150? If you start at 300+, really the worse thing that will happen is that no one will be interested. In that case, lower the price a bit till someone is.
Check eBay for similar models. With an i7 and 1080 display it's probably about $250 for a good price for it going by what I see similar models go for. You can start at $300 and see how things go, maybe even higher. When I list things on Craigslist, a lot of people automatically offer me half of the price I listed, even if the listed price is already a good deal. If you list it at 250, people will ask, how about 150? If you start at 300+, really the worse thing that will happen is that no one will be interested. In that case, lower the price a bit till someone is.

Solution