What is the best antivirus for windows 10?

TommyFamzy

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
What is the best antivirus for windows 10? as i have looked around and all i see is payed reviews on tech websites, i have heard nod32 premium is good? Can anyone help me, idealy one that doesnt slow my rig down

Solution
I'm not sure why everyone think Malwarebytes is an antivirus when it is not. Why else would the company highly not recommend their program to be run alone without an antivirus.

Telling him not to switch to a better free antivirus is also bad advise when even with practicing safe habit the user can still be infected by compromised legit websites and rogue ads injecting malwares.

I recommend Malwarebytes Premium for its proactive website protection. Not only does it block you from accessing bad websites, but it also block malicious spyware hidden in your computer trying to contact its server. Some malicious spyware are so well hidden from whatever scanner you throw at it that this is the only symptom you will notice that your computer...

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
I dont even use third party anti-virus windows defender is good enough in my opinion if you know how to use common sense on the internet. Do you want free or paid? For free I would use BitDefender free its very lightweight and has a minimal performance impact. I also like kaspersky.

Reactions: Tommy Sawyer

TommyFamzy

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
I am happy to pay for one, its just i have burned through 3 harddrives with some virus i m getting i have made a new skype and accounts but i am still getting it so i need an antivirus i heard nod32 doesnt slow the pc down and it has best detection rates, so if i ran that with malwarebytes antimalware premium i shopuld be pretty safe right?

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014

Why do you want both? Malwarebytes premium is an active anti-virus program running both will most likely have some impact on performance and they might interfere with each other. I dont really know anything about NOD32 so I wont speak on that program here is a review of it below if your interested, I can say both kaspersky and BitDefender have better ratings.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2469847,00.asp

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
I'm not sure why everyone think Malwarebytes is an antivirus when it is not. Why else would the company highly not recommend their program to be run alone without an antivirus.

Telling him not to switch to a better free antivirus is also bad advise when even with practicing safe habit the user can still be infected by compromised legit websites and rogue ads injecting malwares.

I recommend Malwarebytes Premium for its proactive website protection. Not only does it block you from accessing bad websites, but it also block malicious spyware hidden in your computer trying to contact its server. Some malicious spyware are so well hidden from whatever scanner you throw at it that this is the only symptom you will notice that your computer need to be check by an online professional (your antivirus support or bleeping.com forum). For free antivirus I also suggest Bitdefender and for paid I'll go with Emisoft anti-malware (will work with Malwarebytes).

I would not recommend to rely your decision on just 1 review article. There are also testing websites, video analysis, customers experience, and other expert forums and reviews to get a broader picture of each antivirus strength and weaknesses.

www.av-comparatives.org - Test result
http://wilderssecurity.com/ - Forum
www.malwaretips.com - Forum
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCSecurity - Video analysis
www.amazon.com - Customers experience reviews

Solution

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014

If windows defender is on his pc malwarebytes would not be alone. All i use is windows defender, an adblocker, and a periodic scan with malwarebytes i don't remember the last time I had any type of virus.