What is the best free antivirus for Windows 10 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevando

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
i have currently Eset Nod32 and i was thinking to go for a free antivirus what is the best antivirus? I heard Avira and Avast are the best what are you suggesting me?

Preyan

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
For me Avira does a pretty brilliant job. Minimal impact on performance and no or little effect on boot time too.
Although avast is greet too.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I suggest sticking with NOD32.
If you do decide to use one of the free ones I also suggest running a monthly scan with the free version of malwarebytes and the free NOD32 online scan tool as a backup. The free versions of both don't let you schedule it so you have to do it manually.

Personally I just use the two of them and windows inbuilt Defender and it works for me, a bit of care in how you use the PC is also a great help. If you want to have something that just works in the background though you are better off with one of the paid solutions and NOD32 is a very good one.

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
Thanks to those of you who mentioned us. I'd encourage you to check out some independent testing results, too, to give you an idea on protection stats and performance impact while you are trying out options: https://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

I can say that Avast is super light on your system, and we of course have Avast Free if you want to try it out. (During installation, you can select the features you want.)

I'd also say that whatever solution you go with -- make sure it goes beyond basic protection. Some "antivirus" software has more layers than you might think (in addition to traditional protection, machine learning, AI, behavioral analysis of ransomware in real time, etc etc.) I can message you some links with info if you want to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.