What is the best laptop brand to buy for this new year 2018?

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
There's no specific "best brand". All the manufacturers have awesome systems, and cheaper not so good systems. If you're trying to differentiate based on brand you're going to have a heck of time finding a laptop.

While looking for my notebook I looked at Asus, Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft, Acer, Gigabyte etc and made my decision based on the best deal for components/build quality.

The cheaper you go on a laptop, the worse the build quality will be or hardware.

That being said I'm a big fan of Lenovo and Asus as they offer many premium products at a lower cost than competitors such as Dell.

m123erin

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Thanks severinsen70 for your answer. Actually, my budget is GBP 400. I agree that Asus, Acer, Lenovo and Dell etc. are some popular brands but I am not able to judge about a particular model of a brand. It will be very helpful if anyone (preferably a user) can suggest me a laptop between GBP 350–400.

m123erin

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Thanks severinsen70 for your answer. Actually, my budget is GBP 400. I agree that Asus, Acer, Lenovo and Dell etc. are some popular brands but I am not able to judge about a particular model of a brand. It will be very helpful if anyone (preferably a user) can suggest me a laptop between GBP 350–400.

m123erin

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Also, I want to know which brand gives better after sales service. I will be taking this laptop to India, so I want to buy a brand which have good after sales service in India too. Someone suggested me lenovo has better customer service, can someone please confirm.

Oct 15, 2018
I bought a Lenovo laptop last month for business usage. Before making the decision, I checked online and asked my friend, also compared a lot for example speed, battery durating time, screen, price, appearance, etc. Lenovo and Dell stood out. Finally I took Lenovo because it was smaller and lighter. It works well!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Galileu9 Laptop General Discussion 0
X Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 4
M Laptop General Discussion 2
Graybush Laptop General Discussion 5
V Laptop General Discussion 7
S Laptop General Discussion 3
silver0708 Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 3
B Laptop General Discussion 12